German Blue Rams Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay!
I have a question:
Would it be a bad idea to put hatchet fish with them since they stay just at the top? Or would I be better off just having the pair of rams and maybe a few amano shrimp?

Okay!
I have a question:
Would it be a bad idea to put hatchet fish with them since they stay just at the top? Or would I be better off just having the pair of rams and maybe a few amano shrimp?

The hatchetfish would be fine. If the hatchets decided to come down it wouldn't be hard to chase it away.

Scotty look on my ram thread. There are a bunch of egg pics. Rams will eat the shrimp.

I have also read the 20g min for breeding rams. I had a pair breed in a ten holding tank. But if you can. Go with the 20L. It will give you some room for fry grow out.

Last edited:
Seems like a few more eggs have turned white. Parents are still guarding eggs, but then they will come over and beg if they see me. :lol:

Well, today's the day. I can still see eyes in some of the eggs, although it seems a few were eaten over night. Still a good little clutch of eggs left. I'll keep you guys updated.

ok so this is what well happen. As the eggs hatch they will usualy move them to a "wiggler pit". yes, I totally made that name up! but it's what it is so don"t rake me over the coals to much, lol! they will stay in that until they start to free swim. mom & dad will do everything in their power to keep them in it as long as they can. You wont have to start with the first bite's food until they become free swimming. they will still be absorbing the yoke sac unmtil then. so just :popcorn:

Well it looks like the babies hatched! I forgot to look around in the tank, I guess I was thinking they'd stay on the DW. I'll go look and see if I find anything :)

I think there may be a few fry.... They look like the eggs with little tails. Are these fry? :)

So far they are still in the gravel. Well, I can't see because they are so small. I guess I will see in a few days if there are any fry swimming around.

Back
Top Bottom