German rams in the water column

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nuclear Queen

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm wanting to put hatchets and German rams in my new tank. Hatchets like the top of the water column, so I don't want to crowd them if rams like the same. I would prefer a fish that swims in lower half of the water column, do German rams do this?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have two females and they hang out in the bottom the majority of the time. They dont bother anyone but each other in my community tank (they actually prefer to hang out with my schooling fish). Just make sure they have enough room to claim as their own.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It depends, but as a general rule, yes, they tend to stick more in the middle to bottom areas of the tank. If you have floating plants they may wander up to the top to scavenge bits of food out of the floating root systems, or if your heater is near the top they may hover near there. It's really dependent on decor and personality.

My pair hangs out in the bottom half of the tank. Only time they're at the top is when its feeding time.

Back
Top Bottom