Getting a bigger tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK the time has come for me to buy a bigger tank so i was looking around on ebay and everything and on some other sites and looking into the aquariams around the place but i just cant choose. I dont know weather to get a bigger tank from ebay that cost next to nothing or get a completly new tank that is small.:confused:
But next is the fish my tank is going to be big enough for some big fish and some small ones nothing wusy compared to my little one.And it is going to be tropical I was thinking some guppies Male ofcourse as they are colourful and easy to keep. Maybe some neons small and pretty and maybe some sucker cat fish to keep it clean and my all time favourite fish the bummble bee goby i love them sooooooooooo much as they are really small and are soooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty. So some seggustions would be nice anyone

Craigslist is a really good place to find good deals on used tanks. A good rule of thumb for buying a used tank is to make sure you see it up and running, which will rule out leaks and show that the filters are working properly and the lights as well. What size are you thinking about getting? A bumblebee goby will not be suitable for your tank if you plan on having a tropical setup, they are brackish fish and require brackish water

+1.

We got an 80g tank, stand, fluval 404 filter, coral life light strip, stock light strip, CO2 tank, regulator, glass canopy, and 2 boxes full of stuff for $225.00

Craigslist is a really good place to find good deals on used tanks. A good rule of thumb for buying a used tank is to make sure you see it up and running, which will rule out leaks and show that the filters are working properly and the lights as well. What size are you thinking about getting? A bumblebee goby will not be suitable for your tank if you plan on having a tropical setup, they are brackish fish and require brackish water
I was thinknig thirty litre or maybe a bigger 100 litre

I thought this was a thread about getting a BIGGER tank? 30 liter? that's 7 gallons...unless you meant 30 gallons. Go for at least a 55 gallon. I've seen 70/80 gal tanks going for $100 on craigslist.

yeah, if you are wanting some "big fish", a 7g tank is not going to cut it. 10g is minimum for any fish except a beta imo. Shoot for something like a 30 or 55g... you can keep alot of different kinds of fish in a 55g, and even some of the "bigger" fish

Back
Top Bottom