Getting Dwarf Frog to eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattman0182

Aquarium Advice Regular
I mentioned in another thread that I have a Dwarf African frog.I was informed that the frog works better with live food.

What is a good live food for the little frog?

I put some dried bloodworms in there but I did not see him eat any of them..

He does not seem very active except when he shoots to the top to get air. I have a 29 gal..so I am hoping its not too deep for him.

If I get a chance tomorrow I will go to the pet store to see about live food.

I have been keeping them for some time now. They are not very active tell the lights go out. They cant see very good and bright light hurts there eyes. Please make sure you have something for them to hide under or in. The darker the better. They will eat dried blood worms, flake food that settles to the bottom and small sinking pellets. They hunt by smell so the stickier the food the better for them. On a really gross note the shed there skin about once every 2 weeks. They will eat it and love it.

Here is some more great info on them.

How to breed dwarf frogs, Hymenochiris

I can also tell you how to sex them if you would like to know

Mike

I mentioned in another thread that I have a Dwarf African frog.I was informed that the frog works better with live food.

What is a good live food for the little frog?

I feed 'em live tubifex worms, out of a turkey baster.

Thanks for all the info! I actually went and got some brine shrimp today and he ate a few of them made me feel better. I just dont think its good for him to only eat shrimp...but hey its progress.

Between him and the two cats, needless to say, the shrimp didnt last long.

you could get feeder guppys... or small goldfish and snip the back and side fin for a intresting preformance... the amout it will squirm has to attract the frogs attention

Back
Top Bottom