Getting Lime Deposits Off Aquarium Equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same here.
You could get a valve regulator so the bubbles aren't so intense or bury the wand under the substrate. Bubbles coming out the substrate looks cool and it may minimize some of the surface agitation enough to keep the deposits from building up so much.

Same here.
You could get a valve regulator so the bubbles aren't so intense or bury the wand under the substrate. Bubbles coming out the substrate looks cool and it may minimize some of the surface agitation enough to keep the deposits from building up so much.

I am considering burying the bar under the gravel because these particular bars from Petco have no "weighting regulator" on them, so they're constantly rising off the surface of the gravel upward, forcing me to find ways to get them weighted down, such as burying parts of them under the gravel, etc...

One of my pumps -- a Rena Air 400 -- has a regulator control to reduce the amount of output to the tubing and bubble bar, but I have reduced this and it's still pretty heavy (I have both outputs of the pump "bridged" so the entire force is coming from one steady stream to the bubble bar...the other pump I'm running, a Tetra Whisper 60, is really a POS, but I also have that bridged so the dual output is combined into one strong output to feed the other bubble bar). And so my point is, I don't think I need a regulating valve -- although I may consider one, so thank you for the suggestion. I will probably end up burying the bars under the gravel...(y)

Back
Top Bottom