Getting rid of snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mematrix

Aquarium Advice Regular
:D :lol: 8) Hi all. I don't know about anybody else. I really hate those pond snails. They Infest your tank destroy spawns and don't get rid of alge. Well about a month ago I tore down a tank that was infested with them. Every thing I tryied would not get rid of them. So I boiled 2 large pots of water broke down the tank and beforw I washed the tank,sand,and equip. I pored the water in tank and cooked them washed the sand ,equip ,tank then rinsed the Tank. Wala no more snails been clean for 1 mth. Just did it to another tank where I lost 3 simultanious A.borelli spawns because of them. Did this thur And the borelliis spawned the next day expect to see the fry around thurs or fri. So If you got snails do as I did cook them.LMAO Sincerely Curtis :D :? :p

re to post

Andos99 said:
thats a pretty good idea, but may not work in a larger tank
:D Your right might not. But am optimistic. I did'nt say that I saved the water I drained from tank before I did my experiment. I strained it first and then reused it mixed wilt new water to speed up cycle. Sincerely Curtis :) :oops:

I hate those snails. lol
but my puffer fish take care of most of the. but tht is one good way to clean out those snails.

Haha. I bought a Clown Loach at the lfs....I paid ten bucks for that fish...not sure why so much, but I wanted him for snail control, plus he looked cool. Two days later my Clown Loach was found on the bottom of the tank bloated and covered with snails....When I had enough time to finally do some maintenance to clean out the tank the remains were gone..completely. I think my snails banded together in their time of distress and overcame the odds. Im ready to try the lettuce leaf overnight trick...just pull out as many as I can and toss 'em. Other than that I'll have to live with them I guess.

i heard that botia modesta and botia morleti are good at getting snails undercontrol first one gets 4" and second 6"

Back
Top Bottom