Getting shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterpenguin4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 10 gallon iwagumi tank that is currently in a dry start right now but I think im going to flood it soon and I want to put shrimp in it. My LFS doesnt carry anything other than ghost shrimp and I think I want some RCS and maybe some other nice color shrimps that are hardy and not crazy expensive. Does anyone know a good website to get them cheap and what some good shrimp are? I know some people on here sell them but I dont think my parents would want to order from anything other than a website or store. Also would ghost shrimp do fine with other shrimp like RCS?

This is the site I bought my Tiger Shrimp. I recommend start with RCS, then after a few months add some Tiger Shrimp. Both are fairly hardy and will not cross breed. You can also add an Amano shrimp or two ... But i'd stick with one, they can be aggressive food hogs? Amano won't breed with either the RCS or Tigers.

Enjoy and keep us updated!

The prices really are not too good at that site. Ebay has some decent prices.

The prices really are not too good at that site. Ebay has some decent prices.

While the prices are not that great for some shrimp, they get good enough reviews from customers that I felt good about the quality of their shrimp. I bought 10 Tiger Shrimp and all were in great shape when they arrive.

Ebay's also an option, but personally, I'll spend a little extra for good quality shrimp. Also .. their prices are lower than other shrimp sites.

Do you go to plantedtank.net? Their classified section is an amazing place to buy shrimp/plants/fish etc. I just bought a bunch of fire red cherry shrimp recently from a member there, got a great price too.

Back
Top Bottom