Ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course.

Do you mean you're afraid to suck up your shrimp? In that case, stretch nylon pantyhose over the intake tube and secure with a rubberband, or take some sponge from a sponge filter, make a hole in it, and stick it over your intake tube. The shrimp like picking stuff off the covers of the intake tube!

Be careful incase you keep them with fry. They ate some of mine! Actually, I think ghost shrimp are evil little buggers ;) They would attack my fish as they swam by, it was scary to watch. But a lot of people have good luck with them!

Yep, ghost shrimp are fairly large and resilient, and tend to stay on the ground. They will be perfectly fine with a power filter. Any opportunistic animal would eat fish fry if they could. They aren't usually aggressive to fish though and can do little harm anyway.

--Adeeb

My family loves our ghost shrimps. Every once in a while they "fly"to the top and grab some fish food or they glide across the tank to keep us entertained.

I have 2 aquaclear 50's on my tank. My kids get a kick out of our ghost shrimp 'flying' across the tank. Even my husband likes them. They are super neat to watch, when you can see them!

They are really hilarious shrimp. I keep 5 in my crab tank, and often one will one off with a crab pellet half its size. And seeing two ghosties fight for food....

--Adeeb

Mine even munch on full sized bloodworms. I drop in some frozen occasionally, nothing like watching a ghost shrimp eat a bloodworm

They vary from 10 cents to 50 cents usually, unless you get them in bulk. Still, they're worth every penny.

--Adeeb

Back
Top Bottom