ghost shrimp question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acw90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
earlier i posted a problem i had with worms that seemed to suddenly appear in my tank someone responded it was detritus i looked that up as i had never heard of it before and saw that inverts would be a good fix for the problem. I also found some meds that fixed parasite infections.. so being in a rush and worrying like i tend to do i made a big mistake and went to my LFS and bought a ghost shrimp (1 because thats all they had at the moment, also i need to research how much more I can add to my bioload in my tank) and i also bought a box of tetra parasite guard tablets... I acclimated the ghost shrimp and put him in the tank (big mistake maybe should have quarentined him but unfourtunately do not have a quarentine tank.) then what has me worried is that i added the meds with the shrimp as well. It didnt register until i was out walking my dog later that inverts dont do well with meds sometimes, I went back home and looked at the box and what do you know it says "not safe with crayfish or shrimp" so my question is... If i were to put the shirmp in a gallon vase for a week until i had a chance to let the meds take there effect and do another 50 percent water change. would the shrimp be fine?

5.5 gallon
flourescent bulb
no filtration at the moment
sand / gravel substrate

banana plant
another plant that im not sure of the name but very common and the inhabitant seem to hang out in it alot
recent algae colonies

Crowntail betta
Ramshorn snail
small army of pest snails/ pond snails i guess?
and now an in danger ghost shrimp

help me save this little guy? any advice? thanks

I would say to just get some fresh active carbon in your filter and do 50% water changes every day for 3 days, or a week if you want. That should take care of anything.

Back
Top Bottom