Ghost Shrimp, RCS or Snails Killer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceangirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have Ghost Shrimp in my main tank 29 gallon.

29 Gallon
AquaClear 70
Tahitian Moon sand Black

Lots of cories
CPD (Celestial Pearl Danios)
Neons
Glowlights
Live and Plastic
Ghost Shrimp

20 high
Aquaclear 30
Petco Black Sand

7 Glofish
1 Molly
Couple MTS Snails
Plastic Plants only

I think I might move the Ghost Shrimp into the 20 high. I lost 2 red cherry shrimp in 24 hours from something. 1 died and body eaten, and the other barely recognizable when I found it. Intake is covered, I saw the largest Ghost take DOWN a Assassin Snail. What to do? Who is the killer?

Para
Amm 0
niRite 0
niRate 10

Tested after deaths

50% every Sunday on both tanks, oh and Heaters in both.

SO I guess I will move them. I have a guy willing to give me 20 shrimp around 20 shipped. i'm gonna split between another girl

Ghost shrimp is a more generic name for a few different species of similar shrimp .. some become larger more aggressive and predatory than others. If you suspect the ghosts, then yes a move should be made.

That is my plan stan, for tomorrow. Catching and releasing into my hubby's tank. Just hope I won't have to pull up all the plants! :nono: I loved them, but now I believe it is time for them to move on. They will have lots of algae and left overs to feast on from my messy molly. There are only 5 or 4 last count, I think the cherry shrimp will be a nicer fit.

That is my plan stan, for tomorrow. Catching and releasing into my hubby's tank. Just hope I won't have to pull up all the plants! :nono: I loved them, but now I believe it is time for them to move on. They will have lots of algae and left overs to feast on from my messy molly. There are only 5 or 4 last count, I think the cherry shrimp will be a nicer fit.

Good luck catching those little buggers!

I managed to catch all but 2 last night and adding a little food this morning and they all came up. The smallest one was the hardest to catch. I still am looking to see if I got the last of them. I finally got all of them, that I could see. Pray I got them all.

Back
Top Bottom