Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-15-2005, 11:57 PM   #21
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
I've only seen ghost shrimp in one of the pet stores around here, it's not even that close to me either. Maybe they just aren't popular in some places so they don't order them.

Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
RoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:25 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyquidphyre
Wal-mart (as much as I hate them) has ghost shrimp and since its a big chain like that im sure they carry them in all their stores. Not sure if there are Wal-marts in Canada but if there is go to the fish section and squat down and look real close and maybe you will find some.
yea well I bought ghost shrimpies from walmart... thats cuz we iz pour LOL well also because my LFS was closed at the time and my parents didnt want to drive me to petsmart

also.... how often do ghost shrimp shed... or molt whichever is the right term
Old 03-16-2005, 07:40 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy_627
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyquidphyre
Wal-mart (as much as I hate them) has ghost shrimp and since its a big chain like that im sure they carry them in all their stores. Not sure if there are Wal-marts in Canada but if there is go to the fish section and squat down and look real close and maybe you will find some.
yea well I bought ghost shrimpies from walmart... thats cuz we iz pour LOL well also because my LFS was closed at the time and my parents didnt want to drive me to petsmart

also.... how often do ghost shrimp shed... or molt whichever is the right term
Ghost shrimp molting is, to a large degree, contingent on environmental parameters; there is no set "normal" rate, but I will say that once a week is abnormally frequent and once every other month raises the possibility of mineral deficiency.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:04 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just out of curiosity, why would it be illegal to own a ghost shrimp? Can they cause a lot of harm to the environment if they are released? Sorry if I sound ignorant, I'm just curius. I actually had a little trouble finding ghost shrimp myself (I'm in Ohio), but I've been to about 10 different fish stores in the past few months (I like to just go in and browse if I'm near one), and I'd say I've seen ghost shrimp in a little over half. I saw them at Pet Supplies Plus for 12 for $1.99. I have 4 in my 10 gallon aquarium, and I love them!

Tags
ghost, ghost shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com