Ghost shrimp with bolivian ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm getting a 40 gallon and moving my fish out of my 10 to the 40 and turning my 10 into a breeder tank but I have very large (2+ inches) ghost shrimp in there and I'm worried what they'd do to Bolivian ram eggs and platy fry

Can I move the ghost shrimp to the 40 (has bolivian rams) as well? I have 5 and they are all 2 inches or bigger

rams will kill shrimp. my gbrs ate my ENTIRE cherry shrimp army....it was acctuly pritty sad to watch since the rams have fairly small mouthes the choped em into bits and what they didnt eat everyone elce did

I've lost a few RCS to Bolivians but my amanos are fine with them...bit too big I guess, but if thy were hungry enough who knows.

Amano or Ghost shrimp will absolutely fine, never seen GBR or Bolivian Rams even so much as blink at one, RCS is different - even my small Apisto's love these.

I have amanos and cherries . Let's just say I added RCS about 5 days ago, I can only find one. Whereas with my amanos I haven't lost one to a attck yet!

Any larger shrimp such as ghost shrimp, amano shrimp, and bamboo shrimp will be fine. Smaller shrimp such as RCS will be......um.......not so fine.

something might happen to the ram.most likely a meal

bud29 said:
Any larger shrimp such as ghost shrimp, amano shrimp, and bamboo shrimp will be fine. Smaller shrimp such as RCS will be......um.......not so fine.

So ghost shrimp are fine guys?

Yup, ghost shrimp are fine, to be on the safe side, though, try to get the biggest ones in the store to be sure they won't get eaten.

And concerning alLexX's post, if you mean the shrimp might eat the ram, you are mistaken. The rams are bigger than the shrimp, so the shrimp won't even contemplate eating the ram. The ram might contemplate eating the shrimp (and then decide against it) but not vice versa.

bud29 said:
Yup, ghost shrimp are fine, to be on the safe side, though, try to get the biggest ones in the store to be sure they won't get eaten.

And concerning alLexX's post, if you mean the shrimp might eat the ram, you are mistaken. The rams are bigger than the shrimp, so the shrimp won't even contemplate eating the ram. The ram might contemplate eating the shrimp (and then decide against it) but not vice versa.

Actually mine are bigger than any I've seen in my life. Not even on the Internet have I seen ghost shrimp as big as mine. I isolate them a lot from the other fish so the ghost shrimp get HUGE daily meals so each are over 2 inches. They look like freaking crayfish now I should attach a pic with my camera tomorrow

Yeah I saw your thread about your huge ghost shrimp, those are pretty big. I thought you were buying new ones to put with the rams. Your big ones should be perfectly fine.

bud29 said:
Yeah I saw your thread about your huge ghost shrimp, those are pretty big. I thought you were buying new ones to put with the rams. Your big ones should be perfectly fine.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom