Ghost shrimp with eggs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kostasonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think that my ghost shrimp has eggs on its belly. I can´t make easily a photo but they are green and they rellay look like eggs.

Should I do something special !!???

if the shrimp looks pregnant, she is, its really hard to mistake it. if you want to keep the babies, put her in a qt tank or bowl, make sure the water stays warm

i suppose, if you can keep the water like 80F for the fry (like 30C?)

they need some infursia, which are really little things that live around plants. if you can put some tank water, with alot of plants (preferably ones with algae or something growing on them) that would work.

heres another idea, get some almost browning lettuce, put enought to cover the bottom of a jar, and pour almost boiling water into it about 60% full let it cool down completely and add the remaining area with old tank water, let the jar sit in direct sunlight (or flourescent) for 10 days and infursia should start to grow, using a turkey baster squirt some in for the baby shrimp.

ohh and remove momma shrimp as soon as she lays the eggs

Thanks!! Im going to move her right now!! I guess its not bad to keep her for some time separated, is it?? I have no idea since when she has the eggs...

the eggs get pretty big, i believe the fry may also be able to eat very small brine shrimp or live baby black worms/tubifex worms. you'll have to double check on that one.

keep us posted, mine didnt make it when the stupid mini heater went out over night, and the water got like 50F

Back
Top Bottom