Giant betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to my LFS last week and they had a giant simease fighting fish he was about 3 1/2 inches long and looked beautiful the owner gave him to the store and he is that nice they aren't going to sell him he is in a massive display tank :) jist wondering if anyone else has ever had one the guy at the store said there super rare these days

They look awesome guess they might be a bit more rare in Australia haha it was the first one I have ever seen

Yeah I have seen some king bettas at petco that were almost to big for the plastic cup they were in

yeah ive seen them on aquabid too and the petco near me always has huge black and blue king males for 15 dollars so i dont think they are too rare just gotta know where to look they are very pretty bettas. i thought this video was pretty funny of a turtle and king betta eating a food pellet lol YouTube

I'm pretty sure king and giant bettas are the same thing. Both are trade names for full grown bettas.

I think both terms are referring to the ex-large sized fish not simply a full grown fish but actually a larger type of Betta. Possibly like there are some people who are giant. Thought to be a mutant gene from what I understand.

How ever the genetics work, there are some of these fish which are about 2x (maybe a little less) the normal size adult fish. I have seen these at a couple fish stores but most frequently from Petco.

I try not to look at the Bettas very often because I always want to take them home. :whistle:

They have a solid blocky looking body and all the ones I have seen have fins shaped very similar like a plakat but a little longer and a little like a veiltail, a little more flow-y, more in the older ones. The older ones I saw at lfs and they were not really for sale at all the places, some were display.

The Petco ones seemed younger.

Is this is a king? Plz help....bought today....

Sent from my E3 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1395505968316.jpg
    1395505968316.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 98
It is like well grown female and the shopkeeper told its a semi adult or 2 months fry....

Sent from my E3 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom