Giant Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
Giant pinkish danio swimming with my turquoise rainbows. Have any of you seen this beautiful giant pink danio before?

I can't find anything on this morph. Are you sure it's not a purple passion danio? The picture is kind of blurry, but yours do have more of that giant danio pattern.

I can't find anything on this morph. Are you sure it's not a purple passion danio? The picture is kind of blurry, but yours do have more of that giant danio pattern.

I bought them at a tiny independent fish store in Carson City, NV. The owner said they are a fluorescent pink danio with a blue stripe running the length of the fish. The pink is a lighter color, not that really bright color. They are about 2" to 2 1/2" long and oh so pretty. If you ever get a chance to see them you to will love them. The pix is blurry because they move so fast.

Interesting. I love the coloration of them! Yea, I can definitely see they aren't purple passions in that pic.

And nice set up! Danios and rainbows are so great together. Mine interact very well with each other, expect during breakfast. haha

Interesting. I love the coloration of them! Yea, I can definitely see they aren't purple passions in that pic.

And nice set up! Danios and rainbows are so great together. Mine interact very well with each other, expect during breakfast. haha

They are in a 55 gallon with 4 gouramis, 2 rainbows, 2 angelfish, 3 cory cats and a bn pleco. The angels avoid them and the gourami stay pretty much at the top. Plenty of room for everyone.

:dance::dance:

Sounds nice. What kind of gouramis do you have?

I have 2 blue and 2 opaline. For about 3 weeks they have been staying pretty much at the top of their tank and splashing. I''m not sure whats going on. Yesterday I put a wisteria in their tank, floating it, and this morning they are hanging out in and under it.

I think jeta is right on the golden giant. My boyfriend thinks they were just an albino morph too. Still, very neat. I've only ever seen regular giants.

Oh, well, I think that's normal to want to hide in the plants. It's kind of what fish do for protection. I wouldn't be alarmed until you can see a different in their eating and interactions with other fish and if any physical problem pops up.

I think jeta is right on the golden giant. My boyfriend thinks they were just an albino morph too. Still, very neat. I've only ever seen regular giants.

Oh, well, I think that's normal to want to hide in the plants. It's kind of what fish do for protection. I wouldn't be alarmed until you can see a different in their eating and interactions with other fish and if any physical problem pops up.

They are eating fine. Its just different behavior from what it has been since I first got them. I just keep watching them.

Well, did you have good cover before hand? They may have been more active due to stress from having not enough cover. If they are sticking in there, then they obviously like it.

Actually I had plastic plants until a few weeks ago. The live plants aren't very big yet. I have this one wistera floating now and thats what they are hanging out in now.

Back
Top Bottom