Glass cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jev12

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone have any information on these guys I really like them and have been thinking about maybe adding them to my 20 gallon long...are they friendly will my female bettas bother them what would I feed them...just any information would hel

I love glass cats and am getting 6 again for my 55. They are shy, they prefer planted tanks where they will school together tightly usually hanging low in the tank at the edge of the plants. They don't do well with rowdy tank mates and can be outcompeted for food so choosing tank mates for them is very important. They also do better in groups of at least 6 if not more and rarely do well when just 1 or 2 are kept.

Does anyone have any information on these guys I really like them and have been thinking about maybe adding them to my 20 gallon long...are they friendly will my female bettas bother them what would I feed them...just any information would hel

I love those little guys, mine are my little buddies. Though one likes to school with tetras. Depends on the betta personality, mines live with an angel fish. I feed mine a high quality flake and dried river shrimp. They also love water flow. Planted tanks are best for them as it helps them feel more comfortable.

Ok thank you...what should I feed them would they eat flakes or pellets or bloodworms

Ok that sounds good would they bother shrimp or snails

I've never had any trouble with them bulling anything except fish flakes. There shy creatures that don't seek out confrontation. So shrimp should be fine

Ok well I think I might get some them I have been wanting to get some for a while now but have heard they are a bit sensitive

True, though good water quality is best for all fish. The only problem I had was with an internal filter, poor guy, it curved his spine. Anyway, there like the first warning that something is wrong because they will start turning white when they die

Ok well I think I will get some then

I don't know if my female bettas would like that very much though

Ok well I will have to look into that...I'm quite excited to have some of these little guys

I've always been interested in Glass Cats too, but I haven't been able to find them lately. Aren't they caught from the wild?

Back
Top Bottom