Glass or Screen Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Velksfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Right now I have glass covers for my aquarium. I have been reading that the glass tops can keep gases and heat in the tank so I have been thinking about switching to screen covers. Is this a good idea???

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't think so, not sure if your light has a built in glass. If it doesn't you're risking getting your light wet. Also most screen tops don't have lids. And obviously screen isn't as strong as glass. I would just stick with glass it looks better IMO.

Ok good to know.

The glass doesn't hold heat or gases in ?

Unless you have fish that are prone to jumping out, then you could go without a top.
I currently only have a cover on my crayfish tank, because they have a tendency to try and escape.

Unless you have fish that are prone to jumping out, then you could go without a top.

I currently only have a cover on my crayfish tank, because they have a tendency to try and escape.

I believe a couple of mine are prone to job.

heat shouldnt be a problem and if you are worried about gasses you could always prop the lid open just a little.

I have opening on the back for the filters and cords and stuff

Back
Top Bottom