Glofish Blue LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IsabellaRows

Aquarium Advice Regular
I purchased a Glofish tank (10) gallon with blue LED lighting for an aggressive male platy in order to separate him from my other male. Well, I didn't realize that it only had an option for blue lights, not including any white lighting. So... Out of curiosity are there any fish (besides genetically modified or dyed fish) that show up under blue LED lighting?
I will most likely buy a replacement hood for the tank later.

Neon tetras would look nice with the blue light also do u only have male platys? U should have at least 2 females for every male I had 3 and my males were fine together but if tn enough females they can start going after each other

Also maybe a few female bettas with a blue color to them

Yes, I only have 2 male platies. My one male platy that is the alpha male is only like this towards the other male, and is perfectly fine separated from him. When I purchased him, he was displaying his fins to other males in the tank, not paying attention to the females, so I think it's just him being a show off :p
I did think about cardinals or neons under the blue light... but I wanted to know for sure without buying them yet. In the daytime there is subdued lighting but not enough to see the tank clearly...

Yes, I only have 2 male platies. My one male platy that is the alpha male is only like this towards the other male, and is perfectly fine separated from him. When I purchased him, he was displaying his fins to other males in the tank, not paying attention to the females, so I think it's just him being a show off :p I did think about cardinals or neons under the blue light... but I wanted to know for sure without buying them yet. In the daytime there is subdued lighting but not enough to see the tank clearly...
3 female bettas would show up nice

Back
Top Bottom