Glofish color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay so I have a yellow glofish, nasty lil bugger chases all the other fish around. Anyways he was a yellow color. Now he's turning green...His belly is green and his back is green. I wouldn't worry to much except he's turned green in under a half hour.

The whole story is I made some homemade shrimp food, decided to try some out real quick and he wouldn't let anything get close to it. He chased fix 2-4 times bigger than him away from it, ate the whole thing himself and is now changing colors. I know certain tropical fish foods bring out the colors of fish but I wasn't aiming for that. Question is what would of caused this? Should I be concerned or do ya think he's just happy with the food? lol BTW he literally sat there and guarded the food for over a half hour!

The ingredients in the food were, spinach, turnup greens, green peas, shrimp, garlic, hikari algae wafers, calcium and gelatin. Pretty sure none of them should be harmful to fish right?

In my experience with GLOfish the colors they advertise them as is very misleading. The yellow GLOfish are more Lime Green than yellow. The Orange GLOfish are yellow, and the Red GLOfish are pink.
Don't worry, your fish is Ay-OK.

Back
Top Bottom