GloFish school

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nextgeneration40

Aquarium Advice Activist
I initally bought 3 GloFish, red,orange,and green, they did fine though the orange one was half the size of the other two and the green one seemed to enjoy chasing (not nipping that I saw) the orange one in particular. I have since gotten 2 peppered Corys and another orange GloFish,this one is the same size as the red and green one, Immediately after introducing the new fish the little orange stayed in the corner and refused to eat...well the inevitable happened this morning and we are now back to 3 GloFish... is it coincidence that the new orange one replaced the old littler one (took its place in the school??)I did not see any signs of disease or injury, the others are doing fine and I tested yesterday and have normal numbers after my PWC... IDK maybey just bad luck...:(

nextgeneration40 said:
I initally bought 3 GloFish, red,orange,and green, they did fine though the orange one was half the size of the other two and the green one seemed to enjoy chasing (not nipping that I saw) the orange one in particular. I have since gotten 2 peppered Corys and another orange GloFish,this one is the same size as the red and green one, Immediately after introducing the new fish the little orange stayed in the corner and refused to eat...well the inevitable happened this morning and we are now back to 3 GloFish... is it coincidence that the new orange one replaced the old littler one (took its place in the school??)I did not see any signs of disease or injury, the others are doing fine and I tested yesterday and have normal numbers after my PWC... IDK maybey just bad luck...:(

I have found schools of wide ranged sizes of glofish don't work very well... they like to nip and chase their schoolmates.

Is your tank cycled?

Anyway, when you get your water parameters under control, get a few more glofish. You don't have any other fish beside the 2 corys for now, but when you get more fish for your tank, your glofish will harass all of them if you don't keep 6 or more of them.

I agree, your school numbers are too low. This harbors aggression. Due to the size of your tank, if I were you, I'd get at least a dozen in that school. Not only would it look fantastic, but you'd experience a much more peaceful tank.

Back
Top Bottom