Glofish - thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Better living thru science. I just hope this kind od tinkering helps science learn and maybe save lives some day.
My wife wants some of these Glofish. Will the different color versions school together? She wants 2 of each of the 4 color varietys.
thell school together fine,you could even get a bunch af zebra danios,theyll school with them too

Yeah that's what I have is 2 of each color, plus some zebras and leopards and they all school together :)

I used to have 2 glofish one red and one green in a one gallon tank. After a couple months, the red one died. I knew that green was bored and lonely in the small tank so I moved him to my ten gallon community tank. But after a while I notice him chasing my guppies, nipping at their tales. So we had to put him back in his small tank. Any thoughts on this behavior? What if I wanted to get more glofish for my ten gallon? Would it be ok?

I used to have 2 glofish one red and one green in a one gallon tank. After a couple months, the red one died. I knew that green was bored and lonely in the small tank so I moved him to my ten gallon community tank. But after a while I notice him chasing my guppies, nipping at their tales. So we had to put him back in his small tank. Any thoughts on this behavior? What if I wanted to get more glofish for my ten gallon? Would it be ok?
no,there modified zebra danios so need a school of at least 6 and a tankof at least 20 gallons

They will act that way often when kept in an improper number and in a tank too small. IMO they need a 20 long/29 gal at the absolute minimum. It's the length they need more than heighth.

Back
Top Bottom