Glowlights vs black phantom tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
Which do you like better? First fish in a 37 gal, I want a school of 6

I am looking for
Hardy
Active
Tight schoolers
Cool
Peaceful

Glowlight are sensitive fish, and not so hardy. I don't have much info but i know that black phantom tetra's are active and very hardy, and also non aggressive. Although the glowlight looks a bit better.
If you have a strong and full biological filtration, you can go with glowlight's, but my choice would be bpt.

Thanks in leaning toward the phantoms. Are they really active?
I don't talk from experience, but from research and other people's experience. I heard they are really active fish. Also, i heard subdued lighting will help a lot with noticing them and helping them stand out:)

I have both In my tank I actually cycled my 45 galon with neons and glow tetras with no casualties. So their both pretty hardy from my experience. But if your that worried about them phantoms are a little stronger.

As for active ness I have to say out of all my tetras ( cardinal, neon, glow, rummy nose, black phantom )

The black phantom are the least active and are very bad at schooling.

Most active in my tank I would say are the rummy nose, they keep VERY tight schools and swim around together.

I have both In my tank I actually cycled my 45 galon with neons and glow tetras with no casualties. So their both pretty hardy from my experience. But if your that worried about them phantoms are a little stronger.

As for active ness I have to say out of all my tetras ( cardinal, neon, glow, rummy nose, black phantom )

The black phantom are the least active and are very bad at schooling.

Most active in my tank I would say are the rummy nose, they keep VERY tight schools and swim around together.

That's what I'm worried about , I want really activ

Glowlight are sensitive fish, and not so hardy. I don't have much info but i know that black phantom tetra's are active and very hardy, and also non aggressive. Although the glowlight looks a bit better.
If you have a strong and full biological filtration, you can go with glowlight's, but my choice would be bpt.

Glowlights are quite hardy.

For your setup Charlie, I would recommend the glowlights.

I would pick up 6 rummy nose if your really looking for a tight school that are all over the place.

Their maybe not the nicest looking tetra but from the tanks at my local fish store and my tank their always together swimming around.

Attachments

• image-2935644759.jpg
    image-2935644759.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 56
Yes I'm having rumynose as well and as a secomd, I'm not wanting the glowlights because they're not so bright and pretty small, I think they re gonna get lost in a tank like this. That's why I like the phantoms

Back
Top Bottom