Gobys and poss. tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquahungerforce

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gal cycling right now and I think I want to get some bumble bee gobys. Can anyone give some advice on what their preferred water chem. and what are good tank mates for them? Or maybe what would be a bad tank mate? I was thinking maybe rainbow fish or sailfin mollies? I've read gobies can be tail nippers, so maybe the mollies would be a bad idea. I was also looking at a puffer and a flounder.

I know menagerie has bumblebees with her flounders, so that is probably the way to go, I would really avoid the puffers, as their reputation as carnivores preceeds them, though I don't have experience with the brackish sort.

I'm sure she has pics in her gallery of her adorable bumblebees and her brackish tank - she's getting married so don't expect to hear from her anytime soon, but I'd sure want her opinion :)

You can get away with the bumblebees, but don't go with any of the other commonly available, larger gobies, or your mollies will end up as lunch.

Back
Top Bottom