Going from twice a day feeding to once?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flukefishmom

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I have a lovely healthy betta in a 10 gallon tank. I've been feeding him (mainly) four pellets morning and evening. If I leave for a week and the petsitter comes once a day, should I try maybe five pellets once a day? I don't want to overfeed, or underfeed. Couldn't find any posts on this particular problem. Thanks!
:fish2:

Five pellets seems like a lot to me. I usually feed Magma (my betta) two pellets once a day. I could be wrong but I would cut down on the pellets and only feed what can be eaten in five minutes.

Thank you! Rusty Blue chomps up four pellets in about five seconds, so I didn't realize. The container suggested four pellets twice a day, but obviously if I go away for a week four will be more than sufficient.

I guess Magma's a picky eater then! But I do know that bettas will just keep eating if you keep feeding them. Also the instructions on containers aren't always reliable, so it's good to keep that in mind. So yeah, feeding once a day while you're away is fine.

Back
Top Bottom