Going on vacation-fish care?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesse.R

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm going on vacation soon and wondering what you guys do when you're gone. I'm getting someone to come once a day to feed my guppies. Just wondering what the best thing to do is

I would have that person come to the house. So you can show them exactly how and how much you feed your fish. So that they can do it for you while your are gone. I wouldn't trust any of the auto feeders on the market even if I was there to watch the thing! their a complete gimmick IMO.:nono:

Yeah I'm gonna stick with someone coming each day. And I'll be home just over a week so ill do a good clean out of my tank the day before I leave and as soon as I get back.

i would also recommend that you pre measure the amount of food you want the fish to have. put in separate little plastic bags with the day written on it. people have a tendency to overfeed fish even if they don't mean to. it's better they get too little food that too much. you won't be home to test the water if it gets fouled by too much uneaten food. when i'm away i do this to ensure my fish aren't overfed. they always seem fine when i get home. doing a good vac and water change before you leave is an excellent idea. have fun!

i would also recommend that you pre measure the amount of food you want the fish to have. put in separate little plastic bags with the day written on it. people have a tendency to overfeed fish even if they don't mean to. it's better they get too little food that too much. you won't be home to test the water if it gets fouled by too much uneaten food. when i'm away i do this to ensure my fish aren't overfed. they always seem fine when i get home. doing a good vac and water change before you leave is an excellent idea. have fun!

+1 Great idea!

Back
Top Bottom