going shopping next weekend for fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe5688

Aquarium Advice Freak
My lfs is having a 65% off sale of anything that is live lol. So i'm jumping on the deal to stock up my tank some more.

Current set up.
100g

3-marble angels
11-Buenos Aires tetras (might bring it down to 6)
5- turquoise rainbows
5- platinum tiger barbs
2- loaches but I forgot what kind lol maybe some one can tell me

I'm thinking of maybe
5-bosi rainbows
8+ harlequin rasboras
3+ loaches, maybe clowns or the same I have now.

Any other ideas? Tank is planted so no plant eaters.

Here is a picture of the loaches

ForumRunner_20120213_154012.jpg

Also looking to add more plants. I have 2- 36" t8 fixtures and the tank is 18" deep so i'm assuming i'm at low lighting. I currently have 2 Amazon swords, 1 Asian sword and 1 Java fern. I'm looking for some front smaller plants.

Here is a pix for reference. Thanks in advance for the help!

ForumRunner_20120213_154234.jpg

I think that 10-15 rummy nose tetras would look really good. I also like gold pristella and black phantom tetras. Maybe add a few more barbs too. I really like your tank tho!!

Very cool! I recommend buying more of those loaches. I dont know what they are, but most lile schools.
Your fish ideas look good..here are some of my favorite fish that would do well in your setup

*German blue rams
*peacock eel
*rummynose tetras
*Pearl gouramis
*hatchetfish
:)

I was thinking about eeld and hatchet fish for top swimmers. I've heard rams are kind of difficult fish to keep.

mitchfish said:
I think that 10-15 rummy nose tetras would look really good. I also like gold pristella and black phantom tetras. Maybe add a few more barbs too. I really like your tank tho!!

Thanks, i'm also thinking of getting some moss but unsure of what kind to get. I wish I knew more about this stuff lol.

My fish tank seems like the tank of love, my swords produced a new stem right away, my fern is having platelets, the second day of having the tiger barbs 2 of them were mating, the 2 loaches i'm pretty sure I caught mating and the snails were mating. Anxious to see if I get babies of any sort soon.

I would add the bosi rainbows. IMO barbs and angels don't match but if you di have some I would up the school.

other options :
kissing hourami
german blue ram
other type of larger gourami
clown loaches
black skirt tetras

calfishguy said:
I would add the bosi rainbows. IMO barbs and angels don't match but if you di have some I would up the school.

other options :
kissing hourami
german blue ram
other type of larger gourami
clown loaches
black skirt tetras

That's what I've heard. They haven't bothered my angels one bit.

I'll look into the gbrs. Any tips for plants/moss?
Thanks

Your loaches look like Kuhli Loaches, I would try to get at least another 4. Avoid the Clowns, they'll outgrow your 100G.

Joe5688 said:
That's what I've heard. They haven't bothered my angels one bit.

I'll look into the gbrs. Any tips for plants/moss?
Thanks

Go for swords, hornwort, jungle vals, crypts, wisteria, java moss, ludwigia, and lloyediea

For moss you should either go with java or xmas moss. I have java moss and there are so many things you can do with it to keep your aquascape interesting. It also grows pretty fast which means you don't have to buy in large quantities.

Your loaches look like Kuhli Loaches, I would try to get at least another 4. Avoid the Clowns, they'll outgrow your 100G.

Really? I thought 100g would be enough for the clowns. I'll probably get some more kuhli loaches. They have an awesome personality. Kind of remind me of ferrets lol.

Thanks for all the help. I'll post pictures when i got saturday. :thanks:

I've heard the minimal tank size for clown loaches is 75 gallons, some say 55. It all depends on the person I guess.

Those are not khulies they are some type of botia loaches like yoyo's. And clown loaches won't outgrow a 100g tank in a very long time.

seekinghealth said:
I've heard the minimal tank size for clown loaches is 75 gallons, some say 55. It all depends on the person I guess.

Neither IMO. they really grt huge. However, i saw 100 gallons would be good. Buy more, they grow VERY slow

Gboy66 said:
Neither IMO. they really grt huge. However, i saw 100 gallons would be good. Buy more, they grow VERY slow

That's just what I've heard from many on this site. I have not kept them myself so I wouldn't know. Just throwing out some second hand knowledge.

I'll try to get a better picture right now. I wish i could remember what i bought lol

**edit

found the reciept. It says assorted botia loach

Joe5688 said:
I'll try to get a better picture right now. I wish i could remember what i bought lol

**edit

found the reciept. It says assorted botia loach

Yep very cool fish just got way too active for my 54g they do really good in groups of 4 or more.

Back
Top Bottom