Going to buy fish thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Going to buy fish thursday so today is research day! So background. I have a 36 gallon bowfront tank. Sand bottom with some cool aquascaping (I have a cliff!) I am doing low light plants but for some reason seem to be having issues.... nevermind that. it will work out. I tried german blue rams but I am too busy to keep up with the water change schedule... ok so maybe lazy.... besides the point.
Stocking wise I already have:
2 African Leaf Fish (NOT bush fish)
1 banjo cat
1 bristlenose pleco

What I want (in addition to what I have):
1 peacock eel
and a cichlid.

The cichlid is what Im struggling with. I am stuck between keyholes and bolivian rams (I actually wanted a couple super colorful ones but most of those are too mean)
If I can do a group of say 4 bolivians then I would probably be pretty good stocking wise. If I got 2 keyholes i would want a schooling fish like buenos aires tetras or something.

So what are the thoughts of the community?

Thanks and God bless!

Hey Im buying fish tomorrow so I need advice today! Lol

Id go with the rams.. maybe just two. Not sure how 4 would get along. Ill leave that someone else. But go with rams!

the only thing i would be worried about, is the eel quickly outgrowing the rams and possibly try to eat them. are you talking about macrognathus siamensis or macrognathus aculeatus?

Ok so try bolivians. I like them alot anyway :) i would like to try at least 4 though.
Um as far as the eel... Im not sure. The LFS calls them yellow tails or something like that. I am pretty sure they are peacocks. If you just tell me what species wouod be ok I will look for it. I just want an eel not a specific species of eel.

Back
Top Bottom