Going to Give Dwarf Gouramis Another Go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plumwd

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just placed an order for 1 male flame dwarf, 3 female flame dwarfs, and 3 female blue dwarfs. Some of you may remember my fiasco a little while with all my gouramis dying, save for one.

My male blue dwarf is thriving and doing fantastic. I moved him 2 weeks ago back to the big aquarium and he's loving it. I figured it was time to get him some mates to hang with.

I think they'll arrive the middle of next week and I have a 29 gallon to put them in for a couple of weeks before I add them to my big tank.

How long do you guys normally quarantine your fish for?

I don't have a QT tank, so I just do the drip method for a couple hours before adding them to my tank.

Since you have a QT tank, I would give them at least 2 weeks in there.

Awesome! I have three males and fives females in my tank. :) The female blues are just as colorful as the males (minus stripes). Don't have any flame females, just blues and regulars. The regulars are certainly dull -- a transparent flat yellow color. Got a regular male, blue male and a flame male. Certainly changed the dynamic and behavior of the one regular male I started out with adding in some buddies.

My blue was nesting prior to the deaths of all the others. They got some weird sickness that ONLY affected my gouramis. My tiger barbs and cories were all fine.

I hope they all arrive safe and you have all happy fish that get along.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My blue was nesting prior to the deaths of all the others. They got some weird sickness that ONLY affected my gouramis. My tiger barbs and cories were all fine.

I had exactly the same problem with my gouramis, had 2 males that died within 6 weeks of each other due to a fungal type infection, i treated with api pimafix but lost both of them, none of my other fish were affected so i found it very strange, well worth another go with these lovely fish so i hope you have better luck this time

Back
Top Bottom