Going to NYC! Any good fish stores?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Going to NYC! Any good fish stores? The last post on this I could find on this forum dated back to 2003. I imagine things have changed since then. Thanks

I cant believe I'm answering my own thread.

I ventured to Pacific Aquarium on the lower east side during my brief visit to NYC. Pacific Aquarium Inc

Dont let the Chinatown/Bowery location or the outside of the store deter you. This place was amazing! Yes, it's cramped, but they have over 50 tanks of salt and freshwater plants and animals. They also have all the hardware, supplements, food that you would need.

The tanks were clean. Staff was knowledgeable.

They had quite a few fish that I had only read about in these forums and haven't seen elsewhere. For the more common fish there is probably a 1-2 dollar NYC mark up.

The plants were great too

i will definitely go back, esp, if i get bigger tanks.

I also hope that one of the nerite snails I got starts moving soon otherwise I may have to amend this review.

Thanks for updating the thread and glad you found a good store! :) I agree, don't judge a book by its cover. One of my favorite LFS's looks like it was built in the 30's. Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom