Gold Australe killifish. ...frustration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bullyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive been trying to keep these killifish for 2 months. I got 3 pairs and 3 extra females from my local LFS in the last 2 months (2 fem per male)... they keep dying.
Its a well set up tank and the peramiters always match up to recomended peramiters.
what am i doing wrong?
Is it possible that the lfs is getting fish with bad genetics?

Ive been trying to keep these killifish for 2 months. I got 3 pairs and 3 extra females from my local LFS in the last 2 months (2 fem per male)... they keep dying.
Its a well set up tank and the peramiters always match up to recomended peramiters.
what am i doing wrong?
Is it possible that the lfs is getting fish with bad genetics?
No its not the LFS. There is something wrong in your tank. You said about your water parameters but did u notice other things like if they are been chased by other fish. They are in stress or if the water temo or pH is ok? They are very hardy fish though.

Theres no other inhabitants but the male and 2/3 female each time and its the same thing happening in two different tanks. The temp and ph are spot on and stable

0,0,and 10ppm? (The second bar from 0)

I talked to the LFS owner and hes gone through 2 different distributors but found out that they both go through a vendor in Russia or (Chech republic?)

Anyway hes heard similar stories from others whove bought these fish since he started carrying em a couple months ago.

Back
Top Bottom