gold claw crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tostada

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw a bunch of gold claw crabs at the LFS. I can't really find any info on them. They were all about 1.2", and a lot of them were hanging around the fake plants in the tank. I was wondering:

Do they tear up live plants?

What do you feed crabs? Is are they as easy to take care of as something like ghost shrimp?

Do they ever get aggressive? Would they be safe to put with small fish and panda corys?

Do other fish pick on them moreso than other inverts? I have a pretty big gourami that chases other fish around, but totally leaves my shrimp and snails alone.

yes, they massacure live plants!

feed them grab bites, brine shrimp(frozen), bloodworms(frozen) and sut up veggies.

They might be ok with tetras or something fast moving, but yes, they are VERY agressive and i would not keep them with bottom dwellers(cories, plecos) or anything slow moving.

Sorry, dont know the answer to the last question, i would guess not, but i'mn not positive.

HTH

crabs eat anything on the bottom + small fish and bottom feeders = how could this possibly end will

Aww, but they're cute!

All my tanks have a lot of plants in them except for my tank with a crayfish.

I assume the little crabs wouldn't last long with him, would they?

hard to say.

You could always et up a little 2.5-5gal tank for one. I did a little research and these are a type of fiddler crab that are bred to have gold claws instead of red.

Personally i wouldent keep it with the cray. I would think this thing would need a little land aswell?

Back
Top Bottom