Gold Nugget Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

completelycich

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, I finally broke down and bought myself a Gold Nugget. I have an Emperor in another tank that I adore. The Gold Nugget is about 3 inches right now, I have spotted him in the tank a couple times today, but he is hiding well. So excited!!! I will try to get a pic when he isn't quite so shy. Anyone have any experience with them?

They reach a length of 8 inches. That's really all I know. I think they are a bit carnivorous.

Yea, he is the only pleco in a 55 gallon corner bowfront. My research says he likes meat as well as veggies and driftwood, I have him in with my Angels and Zebra Danio and Corys, so they all eat meat too.

i had one. HAD. Gotta make sure u give him ample to eat. They are stunning to look at but are quite shy. I may take another stab at one. Gonna first get more experience with the ones I have. 2 BN, 2 clown plecs, one rubber lip. So far so great with these guys. Let me know how it goes with yours. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Will do! My Emperor was shy too, now he is out a lot. Hopefully when he gets bigger he will be the same. My BN hides a lot, but ventures out more and more:)

Back
Top Bottom