Gold nugget pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Give em a good diet of veggies and wafers with some driftwood to rasp and use for cover...they will do well.. I had too awhile back and they were awesome! Wishing they weren't quite so shy, but they all have different personalities. One hid and one show boated. They are great fish though.

WOW....More than perfect. They don't get too big. I think about 6in max. Hell I would get a pair. It would be like a paradise for them!

They're pretty finicky about water parameters, and you should make sure they're doing well before you buy them full gut/eating/bright coloration.

After the first month or so of them being nice and healthy in your tank, you can ease up. They're quite a rewarding pleco to keep :)

Yea my water parameters are perfect, it's mature cycled tank,about 8 years old

Then you should be as good as gold :)
An additional thing they benefit from in the first few days of entering a new habitat is aufwuchs. So having a lot of mature driftwood in the tank would do the gold nugget nicely. It's crucial to have something they will eat that isn't processed food until they get used to the environment.

Then you should be as good as gold :) An additional thing they benefit from in the first few days of entering a new habitat is aufwuchs. So having a lot of mature driftwood in the tank would do the gold nugget nicely. It's crucial to have something they will eat that isn't processed food until they get used to the environment.
Thanks, I have 2 LARGE pieces of driftwood in there already because it is currently home to an old common pleco. But he is being sold to my lfs who asked if they could have him for their show tank

Back
Top Bottom