Gold Nugget Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbrown

Aquarium Advice Regular
Two weeks ago I purchased at an Alberta auction a gold nugget pleco for a mere $40 Cdn (approx. 3 inches long). I wasn't a pleco fan until I saw this fish in the bag - it is absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately cannot post any pics since I never see this fish. It spent a week in quarantine and was placed in my 35 gallon a week ago. I'm looking for some comments on this fish's typical behaviour since this fish seems to hide constantly (when the lights are on) in his cave. Not sure what he does with the lights out. I'd like to see more of this fish but not sure what their typical behaviour is. How do I make sure he gets enough food?

Hi bbrown, please see my posting from May 24. Your questions and concerns about your new gold nugget are the same as mne. I know how you feel! :wink:

You can also check planetcatfish.com. There is a lot about GNs there.

You can toss in an algae wafer every night about an hour after lights out. Our, try hanging a piece of zuc near the top of the tank on the glass. Gold Nugget Pleco's are becoming more and more common with regards to AA members. They are very beautiful fish.

Back
Top Bottom