Gold Nugget Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redwhiptailplec

Aquarium Advice Activist
Petsmart new stock $40, did I get ripped off? I think he is gorgeous and as shipping from online stores is $40 in itself it seemed a good idea, is there anywhere I could get one cheaper? I definetly want more!

How funny....I saw that same deal last night at Petsmart. Not a bad deal as long as you got a healthy one that doesn't die on you.

I've got a gold nugget pleco and I paid $60.00 Can. for him but he is worth every dime, he's been with me for 8 months now. Although I never see him unless I clean the tank. :lol:

I found mine at my lfs for $24.95, listed as a Queen Nugget Pleco(L177).

Its a gorgeous fish, but it hides way too well

I bought two GN plecos on Aquabid.com for about $13 a piece plus shipping. They arrived in great condition and ended up costing me about $20 each. You can't always find what you want right away on Aquabid, but if you keep looking and checking in, you can find some great buys. JMO BTW, I bought these about a year ago and still have both of them today.

Paid $20 for mine from Big Al's down the street. Everyone is right about never seeing him. Super shy fish, but he's still a baby, so I'm hoping to see him a bit more after a few months of growth.

be careful about shipping when the snow is around ... It can spell disaster if the people shipping don't know what they are doing or if something gets delayed.

Yay! Well old Nuggles is doing great! Not only is he alive and thriving he also comes out and seems to be showing off! Never realized he would be such a great algae eater either! You know I am tempted to get another as he is so gorgeous, but I am stretching it on the stocking side as it is so I probably ought not to...

Still a great buy I hope Petsmart keeps stocking them!

redwhiptailplec said:
Petsmart new stock $40, did I get ripped off? I think he is gorgeous and as shipping from online stores is $40 in itself it seemed a good idea, is there anywhere I could get one cheaper? I definetly want more!

I know, a bit dated post... but thought I'd add my 2 cents...

I picked up mine at Thatpetplace/thatfishplace.com, however I live about an hour away from their Lancaster, PA retail store. $16, which was a steal in my opinion. A new Petsmart in the area wanted $50, and the two other LFS's wanted $30 to special order them.

I think its worth it up to around 20 or so, unless the LFS will give you a couple week return policy, as research indicates the stress of travel causes them a good deal of harm, which one must take into account in acclimating them.

If I can find the link again, I found someone who managed to figure out how to get them to breed. Stumbled upon it actually. As soon as I can convince my wife to let me buy ANOTHER $16 fish, maybe I can try. She's not exactly happy about me spending $16 on a single fish as it is (sigh)... ahh well. If he weren't so shy, it might be easier.

I paid 20 bucks for mine. he died 2 days later. time to go get another one. :) at least the second one will b e free. :) from the LFS. gotta have em order some more though for me

FWIW, my GN plecos seemed really shy until half of my CF bulbs crapped the bed last week. With less wattage going on, they seem to be out and about all of the time. Mine are about 4 inches now. Because I have live plants I will have to fix my light fixture, but for now its been fun to see the GNs out and about in my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom