Golden apple snail.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robert123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know if my apple snail is ILL? Or dead?
It has some sort of cloudy stuff coming out of it?
Here are some pics its hard to see.

image-561695836.jpg

image-1039680003.jpg

image-1804811618.jpg

Any help is greatfull

Its just started moving a little.

image-2634026292.jpg

image-2860119373.jpg

But its just closed back up again now. And its sucked the cloudy thing in so its sorta in his mouth.

image-2088427130.jpg

Pick him up and push (GENTLY) down on his foot. If it feels firm, then he's likely fine. If it kinda sinks in and feels oddly squishy, I'm afraid he's dead.

Mine had that white goo when they died. Honestly, only observation and smell are going to help you out with this guy.

from the initial photos it seemed that the snail was changing position, therefore not dead.

Mine exude a milky, stringy substance sometimes. Sometimes I think it's just odd colored poop. But sometimes I've added calcium to the bottom of the tank and then later add water that stirs up the calcium 'sand' and that gets into the inside on their flesh when they close up due to the flurry of the calcium sand. Then they stay closed or semi-closed, like your snail, for a few hours and exude a mucous that is kind of milky.

Maybe the snail got exposed to some kind of grit?

I think your snail will be fine after a few hours.

CatmanDru said:
from the initial photos it seemed that the snail was changing position, therefore not dead.

Mine exude a milky, stringy substance sometimes. Sometimes I think it's just odd colored poop. But sometimes I've added calcium to the bottom of the tank and then later add water that stirs up the calcium 'sand' and that gets into the inside on their flesh when they close up due to the flurry of the calcium sand. Then they stay closed or semi-closed, like your snail, for a few hours and exude a mucous that is kind of milky.

Maybe the snail got exposed to some kind of grit?

I think your snail will be fine after a few hours.

Thank you. Thats a great help.i thought he was dieing

Back
Top Bottom