Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Golden chinese algae eater

I have 2 gold chinese algae eater in my 29g with 3 corys, 3 dwarf gouramis 4 black skirts,4 bloodfins, and 4 bleeding hearts. Now I'm worried that the gold algae eaters are eventually going to harm the rest of my fish. So far they haven't seemed to bother anybody, just chase off the corys sometimes. They are cleaning constantly and are cute, but I sure don't want them tearing up or killing my other fish. They are about 1" long.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

As they get older they get bigger and more aggressive I would get rid

Old 09-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

As they get mature they get aggressive and they eat less and less algae. They are known to eat the slime coat off other fish as well. Id say get rid of them soon and save yourself the trouble later. If you are looking for an alternative Siamese algae eaters, otos, or pit bull plecos are much more peaceful fish and better algae eaters. They are all smaller species thats are well suited for smaller community tanks
agwats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
algae, algae eater, chi, eat, eater, golden

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com