Golden gourami and clown loach advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thomas Douch

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all . I have a a 110l tank and I have just recently been given a 5 inch clown loach and to 3.5 inch golden gourami one male one female. I have read the clown loaches should not be left on there own and should be in a larger tank . The gourami just lay in the bottom and come up for air the go down again. My local fish store said I could take them in and trade them for other fish or get store credit. I like the fish especially the loach but would it be in their best health to let them go. Please help ? Thanks

Attachments

• image-1992917462.jpg
    image-1992917462.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 105
Yes the loach should be in a group of no less than 4 and in big tank as they get big . The gourami should be a bit nippy and should not behave in the way described and also sould be a pair at least. was there a sickness in the old tank could be somthing gill or swim bladder related.
I hope you have a quarantine tank and are using it
If it was me I would trade them in while I can the shop is more likely to have the correct fish to put them with and if thay are sic you reduce chances of infecting your other fish and the shop will have proper quarantine tanks

I would preferably not keep a clown loach in a tank that small. They are huge fish, that get to around 16''. They need about 75 gallon's alone.
Even though they are considered peaceful, i wouldn't mix them in a tank that small:)

Back
Top Bottom