Golden Wonder Killi's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caniac22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This thread is a testament to the very brilliant Golden Wonder and a testament to not keeping them with other smaller fish.

I successfully filtered my tank with 2 guppies so I went to the store to get more fish. The petco rep who I respect a lot showed me some rummy nose tetras and I loved them so I added 4 to my 15gal column tank. A few weeks later I went back to petco to get an automatic feeder as I was going on vacation in the next week. My normal rep wasn't there but another guy from the fish department was and talked me into the beautiful Golden Wonder's to complete my tank. I walked away with 2 of those and a bristle nose pleco.

I got home read about the fish and realized they would eat other fish. Instead of taking the fish back I decided to keep them as they didn't seem to be aggressive towards any of the other fish.

Then I went on vacation and I came back and noticed a guppy was gone. I was like ohh probably just died of age and the pleco ate it. Again everything was fine until I went camping during a weekend. I returned and a tetra was missing. Still didn't think much of it but I tested the water and everything was fine. Again I went camping a few weeks later and another fish was missing.

I began to contemplate if my rather large killi was snacking only when I was gone for more than a full day. I tested the theory when I went on another vacation and guess what? 1 was missing.

So a year and a half after starting my tank I've been left with 1 killi and my pleco. These fish are really smart and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone with fish smaller than them. Take my advice and the many others on this board.

When this Killi dies who know how long from now I'm going to do an all rummy nose tank as I love them, but until then my bully will harass me for not having any additional snacks for him. :lol:

My guppies would do this with their fry, if I had to be gone on the weekend I'd come back to no fry. I didn't have a feeder though. They sound like smart fish lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are you sure they are eating your other fish?? They are supposed to be a perfect community tank fish that are peaceful and very easy to care for.....

Back
Top Bottom