Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inboysandvoodoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I bought four goldfish three months back, all happy and healthy but as they have started to grow I've noticed one is growing bigger than the others? Had many goldfish over the years and never noticed this before?

Do you observe them while they eat? Does the tank have live plants they can freely munch on?

I'm sure it's nothing to be concerned about, unless by growth rate you mean swelling.

They all seem to be eating roughly the same when ever I do watch them all, I've no live plants, it doesn't seem to of swelled, just bigger than the other three

Did you buy all four of them from the same store and at the same time? The only thing I can think of is maybe that one is slightly older or from a different supplier. Sometimes pet stores and aquatic stores have multiple suppliers for their fish and our could just be varied genetics.

Yea I bought all four from the sane shop. Must just be older or a different supplier like you say :)

Back
Top Bottom