Goldfish and Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
i am going to the fair tomorrow.my hubbie said that they have goldfish i could win tomorrow at one of their games he said that i was ok to put goldfish with guppies i dont think it is.I need HELP i also heard goldfish are dirty?

Goldfish are dirty, they need twenty gallons for the first and ten for each additional. Guppies are tropical, Goldies are cold water fish. As they grow the guppies will start to disappear.

thats what i told my husband my guppies wont be there if i get goldfish and plus my guppies are doing great and so is my tank if anything i will get 2 ghost shrimp which i am not sure of that either

you should stick with the snail. can you go to the store and get a nice mystery snail?

rich311k said:
Goldfish are dirty, they need twenty gallons for the first and ten for each additional. Guppies are tropical, Goldies are cold water fish. As they grow the guppies will start to disappear.

thank you, someone else who asl does the same goldfish math. goldies are also are coldwater, but do fine in tropical water. they also get incredibly big 10"+

how many snails should i get if i decide to get any and is ghost shrimp ok to have with my 3 guppies dont want the guppies to die

lovefishies, if you only got two snails, it wouldnt be long before they have babies, and then you will have more. then you wont have to worry about your guppies, and the guppies and snails will get along fine.

Back
Top Bottom