Goldfish and Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ikaika

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I've been thinking about getting some freshwater shrimp. But I don't really know much about them. How big do they get? What is the best tank size? Can I have at least two in a 1.5 g tank? What kind of decorations and plants are a "must"? What kind of food should I feed them?

First off, goldfish will eat your shrimp and 1.5 gallon tank is way too small for goldfish. For a good shrimp habitat your probs wanting 10 gallon minimum tank, with plenty of plants. If your tank is aged (stable/settled) their should be plenty of Algae for them to munch on, if not then Algae wafers, fresh greens for example(spinach,lettuce,zuchini,cucumber)should suffice. Boil them for a couple of minutes, cucumber can go in straight. Hope this helps[emoji1][emoji1490][emoji1474]

First off, goldfish will eat your shrimp and 1.5 gallon tank is way too small for goldfish. For a good shrimp habitat your probs wanting 10 gallon minimum tank, with plenty of plants. If your tank is aged (stable/settled) their should be plenty of Algae for them to munch on, if not then Algae wafers, fresh greens for example(spinach,lettuce,zuchini,cucumber)should suffice. Boil them for a couple of minutes, cucumber can go in straight. Hope this helps[emoji1][emoji1490][emoji1474]
I agree. Goldfish will eat your shrimpies in a heartbeat.

Thank you for your information. I forgot to mention I have the gold fish in a 20 g. tank. How many times would I have to clean the shrimp tank out? Could you give me some idea on how to choose unhealthy shrimp from healthy? thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom