Goldfish emergency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update:

Hey everyone! So unfortunately the sickest fish passed away that same night, but the other two are doing really good! Once their treatment was done and their fins started to grow back and their eyes started to lay flat again, I reset the entire tank, boiling the rocks, the fake plants, cleaning out the tank, the filter, all of that.

Their appetites are back to normal and the little guy only has two tiny spots where his fin needs to regrow.

Onto the old tank and where the columnaris came from. Our old tank actually WAS cycled. The nitrates and nitrites were both at appropriate levels because we used a starter pack of bacteria (and we did it again this time and all the levels on the test look appropriate). We had to go to Petsmart to get more dechlorinator and more slime coater, and while we were there, we saw that ALL of their fish tanks had signs saying that they were sick and to check back in later. Their fancy goldfish were hit especially hard, some of the fish were even feeding off of a dead one. All of them were covered in the same white fluff and their fins were completely disintegrated, all the way to the base. I was absolutely flabbergasted and I wish that I had had my phone on me so I could share pictures on here.

I knew that it had to have come from there, but it was so crazy to actually SEE it.

Any who, I spent about 5 minutes trying to snap a picture of these two because they kept moving, so you'd better enjoy it! (All those things on the gravel are rocks that were in the bag but not black. I only really noticed them after boiling them.)

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom