Goldfish Help Requested

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seekingadvice

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

We rescued some baby goldfish last week, (who our neighbor left outside to die in little plastic cups filled with water), and are hoping to find them a knowledgeable goldfish owner who can give them a good life.

I thought that we could keep them in a small tank, but after doing some research I realize that it is grossly inadequate - they need a huge tank or, even better, a pond (neither of which we can provide for them). :(

Out of the 6 fish that we rescued (and desperately tried to treat for the start of Ich and flukes as a precaution), only 2 are left. They seem to be doing pretty well (no clamped fins, great appetite, very active). But, I fear that it is only a matter of time before the tiny tank, and/or our lack of knowledge, kills them too.

Is there any way for us to find them a proper home before it's too late?

Thanks so much for your help!

seekingadvice said:
Hi everyone!

We rescued some baby goldfish last week, (who our neighbor left outside to die in little plastic cups filled with water), and are hoping to find them a knowledgeable goldfish owner who can give them a good life.

I thought that we could keep them in a small tank, but after doing some research I realize that it is grossly inadequate - they need a huge tank or, even better, a pond (neither of which we can provide for them). :(

Out of the 6 fish that we rescued (and desperately tried to treat for the start of Ich and flukes as a precaution), only 2 are left. They seem to be doing pretty well (no clamped fins, great appetite, very active). But, I fear that it is only a matter of time before the tiny tank, and/or our lack of knowledge, kills them too.

Is there any way for us to find them a proper home before it's too late?

Thanks so much for your help!

You can try donating them to a lfs

Thanks, Fishandmusic81!

Do you think there is a way I can donate them, and have the store agree NOT to sell them as feeder fish? (Has anyone heard of such a thing?) Or would that be a ridiculous request?

seekingadvice said:
Thanks, Fishandmusic81!

Do you think there is a way I can donate them, and have the store agree NOT to sell them as feeder fish? (Has anyone heard of such a thing?) Or would that be a ridiculous request?

No problem
And hmm you can before donating and check the only fish I've donated are zebra danios I dint think they were used as feeder fish

You can also check to see if theres a pond store in your area. Both of my pond stores either permanently home or rehome unwanted goldfish. Good luck!

You can also check to see if theres a pond store in your area. Both of my pond stores either permanently home or rehome unwanted goldfish. Good luck!

jlk - Another wonderful idea!! I would love for them to go to a home with a pond! Thanks so much! :)

Back
Top Bottom