Good 5 gallon tank ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neons require 20gallons minimum as do most tetra. 5 gallons doesnt give you very many fair or kind options. Tanks this size are extremely hard to maintain, with such a small amount of water even the slightest hickup can turn the whole tank upside down. In my opinion 5gallon tanks have little place for fish and should be kept for things like shrimp or experienced fish keepers who understand water chemistry.

As a beginner actually having a bigger tank would be easier and much more forgiving.

Now you have the tank i dont think nore do i expect you to go out and buy a bigger but i hope you listen and take on board what people say or recommend. You want your fish to thrive and be happy like we all do and choosing the right fish under the right circumstances is as important to me as it is most of Aa.

Last edited:
Neons require 20gallons minimum as do most tetra. 5 gallons doesnt give you very many fair or kind options. Tanks this size are extremely hard to maintain, with such a small amount of water even the slightest hickup can turn the whole tank upside down. In my opinion 5gallon tanks have little place for fish and should be kept for things like shrimp or experienced fish keepers who understand water chemistry.

As a beginner actually having a bigger tank would be easier and much more forgiving.

Now you have the tank i dont think nore do i expect you to go out and buy a bigger but i hope you listen and take on board what people say or recommend. You want your fish to thrive and be happy like we all do and choosing the right fish under the right circumstances is as important to me as it is most of Aa.

I disagree that neons can't be kept in a 5 gallon. This has been done hundreds of times before, and has semi to gone well. These are small fish, that are not that active.

Back
Top Bottom