Good aquarium needs website

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can anyone recommend a good/cheep web site for aquarium products? If you have several for different needs let me have em!

Big Al's is excellent! I recently purchased a T5 light fixture, a bulb, a Powerhead, and a few other other things from there. I got my order in 4 days, (NY to NE), and nothing was broken, (all items came wrapped extremely well!). It would be nice though if they would replenish their out of stock items faster. Other than that, I have been very pleased w/ the products/service I received!

I've got some great deals from allpet.com. I get my master test kits from there for like usually $17ish which is the best price I've found.

www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com, www.aquacave.com, www.bigalsonline.com, www.marinedepot.com, www.petmountain.com, www.ebay.com, www.amazon.com, www.craigslist.com. I have ordered from them all. Google shopping is, IMO, the best place to start. It compares prices for you. ebay is good for some things like filters and driftwood, but you can also get ripped off there pretty easy if you don't know what you're looking at. craigslist is a good place to get used equipment... again you have to be careful but you can usually get tanks for next to nothing. Around here, $1-2 a gallon for a complete setup is the norm.

Thanks everyone. I knew about foster and smith I wasn't sure about petco. Thanks everyone!

Petsolutions will price match their competitors

Luckily so will my LFS. I can bring in a page print from let's say, Fosters/Smith, and they will give me my item for that price. Also out local Petsmart and Petco will do that. Beats paying shipping unless you catch a free shipping deal.

That's a sweet deal. My lfs is a rip asking 65 for a filter I can get for 30 online. Luckily I am ordering all the stuff for my tank on monday through pet solutions site and getting the free shipping

Back
Top Bottom