Good Book?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DodgeRT

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm going looking for a good starter book. I'm still researching and learn better by reading. Any suggestions?

Aquariums for Dummies. Haven't read it, but i know these series are good at explaining things.
And apart from that, if you want some aquascaping ideas, look for books by Takashi Amano. His books are expensive, but his tanks are absolutely the most beautifull ones in the world. :lol:

I've read a couple of the "Dummies" books before and they are usually informative and pretty funny. I definitely need help with landscaping. I see all these beautiful tanks on here and want one like it.

I would say you can get a much broader base of knowledge from AA than most beginner books unless you are interested is a specific fish type, like cichlids or discus. A great beginner plant book is the Hobbyist Guide To The Natural Aquarium by Dr. Chris Andrews. Published by Tetra. :D

I have all 3 volumes of Aquarium Atlas by Baensch. I like them a lot and they have a lot of info about many types of fish and plants. These books may be hard to find because they aren't made anymore. I also have the first volume of Amano's book. I forgot the title, but it's a GREAT aquascaping book (if you have enough money for CO2).

I would defiantly recommend "aquariums for dummies" i have the book. I read it once and and it was fantastically helpful i then went back and read it again and highlighted the very important bits. i since have bought other books but i am still find it really helpful.

I have Aquariums for Dummies and I agree that it was very helpful as well. I have also bought several cheap used aquarium books on Amazon.com. One I got for only $0.50. I've gotten bits and pieces of info from each.

GL

Yeah its proberbly best to buy a few books. i have bought 2 other books since the book for dummies. I am looking to get some more specific books on just freshwater fish and a book just for aquarium plants. Amazon is proberbly the best bet for the books at the prices they charge you can get some bargins

I will have to check out Amazon today while Im at work. Thanks.

youronlysin said:
Everything I know I learned from screwing things up myself then finding out how to fix it by coming to Aquarium Advice.

Hahaha, thats usually the way I do it, but I decided to take a different approach this time. :D

Back
Top Bottom