Good book for fish breeds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBouchard

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking for any suggestions for good books on freshwater fish breeds, I found one at petco but can't another anywhere else and it is driving me crazy!

google is your best resource!

you can also try Barnes and Nobel or borders, look in the pet section. I've seen a couple aquarium fish books their, though i just use google to look up everything so i cant say if they are any good or not.

I am looking for any suggestions for good books on freshwater fish breeds, I found one at petco but can't another anywhere else and it is driving me crazy!

From what I've seen books on "freshwater fish" are no more useful than a google search. To get detailed info on specific breeds you need to get breed specific books eg "freshwater catfish" ---> "L number Plecos". The more informative the book, the higher the price of course. You've inspired me to check whether there are electronic versions..... Hopefully yes, and hopefully it will bring them within my budget!

I agree, thats why i asked, there is one great books out, its by nick fletcher
"What Fish? A Buyer's Guide to Tropical Fish: Essential Information to Help You Choose the Right Fish for Your Tropical Freshwater Aquarium"

+1 to above.

I also found the following two books helpful as well:
The 101 Best Tropical Fishes: How to Choose and Keep Hardy, Brilliant, Fascinating Species That Will Thrive in Your Home Aquarium
By Kathleen Wood

Encyclopedia of Aquarium & Pond Fish
By David Alderton

Hope this helps and all the best,
A.

Back
Top Bottom