Good fish to put with a betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You may add a tetra once you upgrade to at least a 10 gal

Tetras won't work in a 5g. And just try one shrimp at first, he may be completely fine with it. Or not. When you figure it out, you can go from there. And to the snail thing, there are definitely some interesting ones out there, but then again he might not like the snail.

Bettas can be brats.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Tetras won't work in a 5g. And just try one shrimp at first, he may be completely fine with it. Or not. When you figure it out, you can go from there. And to the snail thing, there are definitely some interesting ones out there, but then again he might not like the snail.

Bettas can be brats.

Lol, yes they can be. I'll try a shrimp, and a snail.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Oh, I didn't even think to ask. What kind of snail and shrimp you wanting to get?

Ummm...I really dont know. I've had brine shrimp before, but that was for a project. Do you have any suggestions? (this is my second betta, btw)

There are TONS of shrimp and snails out there. I don't know what would be available for you or if you would be willing to order over the internet.

This site is good, has pictures of the more common ones to come across:
Petshrimp.com -- All about shrimp
I have been doing a lot of research on shrimp lately, I'm considering them. But, maybe post something specific if you have any questions. Other than ghost shrimp as feeders, I don;t know too terribly much experience-wise.

Snails, you could go with nerites or apples. I don't know too much about other kinds, I've only ever had these two. But, nerites come in all kinds of patterns, which can kind of be fun having different patterns.

One thing on nerites though, they will leave little eggs everywhere. I've never had babies, but it can be a little annoying. I;ve never had my apple snails lay eggs.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
There are TONS of shrimp and snails out there. I don't know what would be available for you or if you would be willing to order over the internet.

This site is good, has pictures of the more common ones to come across:
Petshrimp.com -- All about shrimp
I have been doing a lot of research on shrimp lately, I'm considering them. But, maybe post something specific if you have any questions. Other than ghost shrimp as feeders, I don;t know too terribly much experience-wise.

Snails, you could go with nerites or apples. I don't know too much about other kinds, I've only ever had these two. But, nerites come in all kinds of patterns, which can kind of be fun having different patterns.

Oh, ok, thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom