good food brands?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Flakes - Hikari
2. Bloodworms (freeze dried) - Aqua Select
3. Algae wafers/discs/pellets - I use Wardley
4. Brine shrimp (freeze dried) - San Francisco Bay

You can also check the Product Reviews section...a lot of the foods mentioned have been reviewed by members.

I highly recommend New Life Spectrum foods. I feed my various fish the cichlid, small fish and grow formulas. I also recommend Hikari foods like the freeze dried brine shrimp, bloodworms, tubifex worms and daphnia as well as the algae wafers and sinking wafers for my bottom dwellers. I have just started trying the Omega One brand.

1. flakes: I use a mixture of Wardly and Tetra flakes.
2. bloodworms: San Francisco Bay Brand, as that's all the store had so I didn't have a choice in what I use.
3. algae wafers / pellets: Hikari
4. Brine shrimp: Don't use them

Why is hikari so popular? My fish wont touch it. He wont touch anything that has wheat meal or wheat floor or anything as a main ingredient. The best you can get at your LFS is imo omega one, look at the ingredient list, wheat flour is like the tenth ingrediant.

NLS is the only pre-fab fishfood that is made of whole fish.. its a brand thats near impossible to beat in quality right now IMO.
some of the most finiky SW fish will eat NLS.. I cant say that any other brand can make that claim..

I know, but its not readily available, at least in my area. I, having no abuility to buy online, can't get it. I think that omega is second best to NLS, which seems like it is the best. Omega One is almost pure fish as well.

Back
Top Bottom